The concept of outsourcing existed decades ago; ever since trading started, outsourcing was always there in one form or the other. What we see today is simply the advancement of the same old concept.
In fact, outsourcing is getting more and more popular today and there are more than a few obvious reasons for that. You can’t simply ignore the prominence of offshore business solutions.
Let us see what is outsourcing?
What is Outsourcing?
Outsourcing is a general term in every business environment these days. It can be elaborated as a business practice of hiring a third party to perform the services that in-house employees themselves previously performed.
What is outsourcing in business?
It is a cost-cutting measure taken by companies to reduce operating, labor, and overhead costs. This business practice is becoming an integral part of business economics. Companies use this outsourcing process to focus more on the core aspects of their business. Outsourcing is gaining popularity these days, and there are more than a few obvious reasons for that.
Definition of outsourcing in simple terms refers to the corporate strategy where all tasks are given to a third-party contractor. Businesses can choose to outsource their services within their own country, termed onshore. If they decide to outsource their activities to a more distant country, it is offshore.
Are you confident about the efficiency of your in-house employees?
Are they capable of handling the latest technologies?
Is there a better way to make your handling processes more operative?
Are your people equipped with a high level of skills for doing the tasks assigned?
Outsourcing is the best solution to overcome all these above-said dilemmas. Let’s dive deep into the significant benefits of outsourcing for your business.
Businesses can focus on their significant activities.
- Outsourcing your back-office tasks lets you focus mainly on your core business activities directly related to your business.
- Internal resources can be redirected to tasks that matter more. Pushing your in-house team beyond a limit will harm their performance.
- Assigning them a burden of tasks will affect their productivity. But when you outsource a few non-critical tasks to third parties, your in-house people can concentrate more on important business tasks.
New technologies can be embraced.
- The success of the business depends upon the adaptation of the new technologies. Leveraging new tools and methodologies help you make the best out of your investments and elevate the service quality.
- Contracting your non-critical tasks to a third party can be beneficial in migrating to the latest advancements in your industry without losing your productivity.
Managing risks gets easy.
- Hiring an offshore or onshore service provider facilitates businesses’ inefficient risk management supplementing your core operations with proper backup and redundancy mechanisms.
- You will not have to worry about losing your data due to any technical crisis, natural calamities, or other market fluctuations.
- Once contracted, it’s the service provider’s responsibility to safeguard your data with proper infrastructure.
You will not incur huge investments.
- Cost savings is appreciated more among different benefits of outsourcing. The investment demanded in hiring in-house people is enormous.
- Hiring and training costs are high, and you also need to ensure the best infrastructure to exploit their skills to the maximum possible extent.
- With a third-party service provider, all such issues are eliminated. You pay only for the services provided.
Operating costs can be reduced drastically.
- In a few countries like India, you can get laborers at less cost. It means that you will be charged less.
- Operational costs, including rents, payrolls, HR, power, and more, will not apply if you plan to outsource your non-core tasks.
Operational performance is significantly increased.
- If you contract out your requirements to a professional outsourcing hub, you get access to professionals with years of experience in the specified domain.
- This will allow superior operational efficiencies and accurate results within the shortest turnaround time.
- Hence your customers can get the work delivered within the agreed timeframe, which will make them happier.
Dealing with talent shortages gets easier.
- Contracting your business activities helps overcome the severe talent shortage or specific skill sets.
- When there are limited options in your destinations, countries like India have a vast pool of vibrant professionals enthusiastic about taking even the most challenging projects at reasonable rates.
Control over the issues posed by seasonal workflows
- International industries, including US and UK, are subjected to periodic deviations in the volume of work.
- During off-seasons and holidays, they have to face a shortage of employees, and it becomes a threat in the long run. When you depend on Indian companies, you can stay assured.
- Employees here are available to work 24/7, all-time, round the clock. You can also track them whenever you need them.
The right approach
Do you feel that contracting is the best strategy for your business? Not to worry. Here are a few tips to be taken care of while deciding to outsource your business activities to a service provider:
- Analyze the actual state of a task and determine the best course of action
- Organize a kick-off meeting with your company stakeholders and decide the next steps.
- Compare potential outsourcing companies and select the best among them
- Move forward with a concrete implementation timeline.
If you are an intelligent business player, you might have understood the importance of outsourcing in today’s business scenario. Contracting activities to a third-party service provider have been here since the trading era, and it’s here to stay. Indian companies are the first choice for businesses as dedicated employees are ready to go the extra mile to keep their clients satisfied and happy.
PGBS has established itself as one of the best outsourcing company with a vast client base committed to excellence in business process solutions for its esteemed customers. We support outsourcing services for different industries, including retail, automobile, real estate, etc. We have well-trained experts capable of providing smooth and successful back-office support. We focus mainly on a great deal of effort, dedication, and passion.