Whiteboard animation video tips
What is a Whiteboard Animation Video?
Whiteboard animation video is an explainer video type where an author illustrates a story by physically drawing it on a whiteboard using marker pens. These animations are followed by the narration of the video script. Both 3D animation and 2D animation can be used in this case. Originally, the animators used to draw and record the illustration themselves. However, today, it is usually done with the help of whiteboard animation software.
In this storyboard illustration process, a series of hand-drawn illustrations are created on a whiteboard and recorded in a sequence. After the recording, it is played back to create the desired animated presentation. The two common techniques used to achieve this effect are stop motion animation and time-lapse drawing.
Reasons Why Whiteboard Animation is so Popular?
As compared to the traditional videos, whiteboard animations can provide a lot of benefits to the company. It can be used to represent a variety of videos like product demos, educational presentations, marketing commercials, etc. But, what made it so popular among the business? The main reasons for its popularity are as follows:
- Universal style: The whiteboard art style is universal, which means you can use it for anything. Whether you need to showcase a brand story, product commercial, or history lesson, nothing can be more effective than whiteboard animations. You can make it short, length, funny, or serious, depending on your needs. However, ensure that it properly conveys the message.
- Less cost of production: Companies often look for an affordable animation studio that can help them with their video production activities. In most cases, it also costs them a fortune. However, whiteboard animation videos are less expensive to produce. Despite being an effective marketing tool, it requires less detailing, unlike other animated videos.
- Clarity of information: Videos are easier to comprehend than pictures or text. Even if a person is unable to understand the language in the video, he or she can still understand by viewing it. However, it can only happen if the video is expressive. Therefore, by using whiteboard animation, you can create the video with more clarity and achieve the desired result.
- Focused conveyance: Since these are created to convey a specific business message to the audience, it serves its purpose very well. When created correctly, it can help your message get across the viewers while maintaining their interest. Besides, the information is detailed and uncluttered so that it becomes fun to watch and easier to understand.
- Builds public relations: Most people are not aware of this advantage of whiteboard animations. Usually, people tend to share the videos if they like it. Therefore, you can develop engaging and creative animated videos that can appeal to the audience. If you succeed in invoking emotion, then it will surely act as a great tool for PR marketing.
Best Tips to Create Whiteboard Animation Videos in house
Learn how to make whiteboard animation by using the steps below.
Step 1: Composing the script
The first step is to create a script for your animated videos. You can find various ideas online and use it as a reference. The following things are usually included in the script.
- The problem
- Your solution to overcome it
- Call to action for using your services
Step 2: Devising storyboard animation ideas
Draw a sequence of scenes according to your script by using the software. Creating the storyboard drawings will help you to organize your script. It will help you understand how to set the images, voiceovers, or pacing.
Step 3: Recording the story voiceover
Adding voiceover and music is highly essential while creating whiteboard animations. Make sure you invest in professional recording hardware to carry out this job. However, before recording the voice, try not to use multi-syllable words and rehearse properly.
Step 4: Animating the whiteboard videos
Depending on the type of animation, you can use the software. Most software comes with the option of drag and drops features to help users add the desired effect, music, or pre-animated character to their videos.
Step 5: Sharing the final video
Once the animation part is finished, you can export and share your videos across different social media channels. Another way to make your videos popular among the viewers is by adding it to their emails.
7 Best Paid & Free Whiteboard Animation Software in 2020
Check out the different whiteboard animation software that has become quite popular in the year 2020 and can be used to create amazing whiteboard videos.
It is one of the best whiteboard animation software free to use by individuals. It possesses a wide range of technical features that enable users to create videos with any difficulty. Its wide library of elements come with the drag and drop features so that users do not have to go through complex edits, adjustments, or settings.
Adobe Animate CC is another powerful software that can be used for the respective task. It is mainly used by professionals and can help them to produce outstanding results. This software is highly versatile and sophisticated, which is why you need to have a bit of technical knowledge and patience for using it. Another advantage of using this software is that it provides support for post-production edits.
Its name has now changed to Vyond. This whiteboard video maker is also an exceptional tool and comes with a huge library of characters, templates, professional voiceovers, etc. Due to the availability of these features, you can create awesome videos with its help. However, it is not free and will require you to pay for unlocking its features.
This is an online whiteboard free to use animation software and is preferred by many for its easy-to-use features. The user interface is extremely friendly and can be used to produce top-notch videos. It can help both beginners and experts alike to reach their respective objectives. Here, the timeline is divided into a block system, thereby making the drag and drop feature trouble-free.
This online tool is great to be used by first-time users for whiteboard animation creation. However, it needs flash for functioning properly. It consists of a built-in library that can help you to import the desired media for creating layered videos. Apart from this, it also enables you to import the images present in your hard drive for creating the animations.
This software is mainly used to create animated videos for supporting marketing campaigns. It is one of the best video makers that are available in the market. It provides users with a variety of premade audio files and templates that are free from copyright restrictions. Apart from this, it has an easy-to-use interface and enables previewing the video before exporting.
This software is available online and can help users to create animated presentations and videos in the fastest way possible. It is enriched with a wide range of resources and features that can help to bring your dream project into reality. It also consists of the drag and drops function and unique video templates to make your whiteboard videos more engaging.
Since there are so many advantages of whiteboard animation, it is now preferred as a crucial marketing tool for many businesses. With its help, companies can make sure that their content is comprehensible and memorable to the audience. Furthermore, it makes the information more appealing so that it ranks well on the popular search engines. Besides, they are cheaper to produce and act as a perfect tool for conversions and sales.
So, don’t delay and start using the whiteboard animations to help your business reach success. Make the best use of the tips mentioned in this article to get through the process of video creation. In case you are still confused, you can hire a company providing explainer video services for business.
However, look for the three things while choosing an explainer video production company. Make sure that they are experienced, have a reputation in offering high-quality outputs, and their services are according to your budget. If they meet the above criteria, then go for it. Contact them immediately to submit your whiteboard animation requirements and see what they can offer.