Video serves as a vital tool for marketing your products and services and helps you convey your brand’s story to your target audience in an impactful manner. Needless to mention, professionally-edited videos drive better results and can help you increase your sales and conversion rates.
Video production takes a lot of planning, detailing, effort, resources, and time, so you should make sure that you put a strong focus on the video post-production process so that you can get your videos to an optimal extent and use them optimally to drive business outcomes.
There are two ways to handle video editing. First off, you may hire in-house editors who would edit your videos, and secondly, you may consider outsourcing video editing work to reliable post-production houses that can guarantee world-class video post-production services and provide cheaper video post-production rates compared to what your in-house video editors would typically charge you.
In this article, we have highlighted the different types of activities that are involved in video post-processing. By knowing these details, you would be able to understand if you need to hire a specialist to do these tasks for you or if you can adopt a DIY approach.
What is Video Post-production?
Post-Production is the last phase of video production process where the video gets its final touch, and a final product gets its shape. The footage brought together, sound recorded, and added with the finishing touches are put into the video ahead of its marketing and release.
5 stages of video post-production process
- Organize Media Library: Ensure that the footage is saved and labelled so that you won’t have to worry about the footage loss.
- Footage Assembling: The video editing process starts here. First, all your footage is gathered, and the sub-standard footage is deleted. This process might take a few days, and as the film takes real shape, footage for each scene is placed in an order.
- The Rough Cut/Editing: Once you are ready with your material after going through the above two stages, comes the editing stage where you create a blueprint for your final video.
- The Final Cut: The video is tweaked, and the finalized scenes start to get an amazing structure. In this stage, each frame needs to get proper attention to ensure that the video has no mistakes. This is the stage where you finalize the video to make it seamless.
- Finalization & Delivery: This is the final stage in the video post-production process. All the remaining video editing work is completed here, including effects, motion graphics, color grading, etc., before the video is released.
Key Players in Video Post-production Process
Post-production video editors play a vital role in the video editing process, including many other individuals involved. However, listed here are some skilled professionals involved.
- Video Editors: Splicing the rough footage into a final product to make the final version of the long tail video.
- Sound Editors: Also known as foley artists, these sound editors are responsible for the sound effects in the video including background voices, voice-overs, etc.
- Music Editors: This team takes charge of creating the music for the video like theme-based music that suits the video or slow background music in the explainer videos.
- Sound Mixers: Mixing voices, music and ensuring the proper mixture to make the video effective.
Video editors at ProGlobalBusinessSolutions can help you with all your video post-production needs. We have a highly experienced team with enormous expertise in using updated video editing tools. They can help you finetune your raw footage to perfection using various video editing techniques.
Where Do You Require Professional Post Processing Efforts?
Footages that are created for commercial or professional purposes should be edited by professional video editors who can guarantee the delivery of desired outcomes.
Here are the different types of videos that need professional editing support:
- Event Videos
These videos typically capture events such as live shows, sports, lectures, weddings, performances, and meetings, hence requiring a professional touch.
- Advertising Videos
Commercials typically last for 30-90 seconds and they may often feature branded and sponsored content. These may be animated or scripted and may have a particular theme.
- Documentary-styled Promotional Videos
These videos may last up to half an hour and feature interviews that give shape to a certain story. Examples of this footage include infomercials, promotional, and travel videos.
- Corporate Videos
Examples of these types of videos include promotional videos, brand videos, and training videos. These have durations of 1 to 60 minutes.
- Vlog Videos
These are video blogs and are widely used these days to convey blog content in a more engaging manner. They may be quite lengthy, often lasting for more than 5 minutes.
- YouTube Videos
These are created while keeping YouTube’s specifications in mind and they are mainly promotional content that has a perfect yet realistic storyline.
- Film Videos
These are feature films or short telefilms and usually vary in length from 1 hour to several hours.
- Real Estate Videos
These videos are created through the use of multiple filming techniques such as timelapse, sliders, drones, etc. These may last up to 5 minutes or so.
- Educational Video Services
These may be classified under explainer videos, tutorials, how-to content, etc. the shortest video of this kind may have a duration of 30 seconds whereas footages that explain a topic in detail are typically longer.
- Music Videos
This category includes video trailers and teasers and features a singer who sings his creations so as to create an audio story.
- Social Media Videos
These footage are meant to be posted on social media and they typically last for up to a minute. These are created through an optimal combination of narration, music, and text. You will commonly find these videos on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram Reels, etc.
If you are looking to promote your brand or your business through videos, then you may need to use various types of footage across diverse platforms to ensure effectiveness and desired responses.
This is the reason why you may find a need to hire the services of a professional video editor who would tailor videos as per the norms of diverse platforms in order to ensure that you get the desired response from your target audience on multiple platforms.
A video editor would deliver professional post-production editing support, thereby finetuning your videos to an optimal extent. Professional editing of footage starts with the selection of the right clips and organising them in a specific order so as to create a story that has a definite flow.
Editing includes manipulating the sound as well as the picture and adding episode titles, soundtracks, sound effects, and credits. In the upcoming section, we have discussed the different activities that are performed during a professional video post-production process.
Consumers prefer videos more due to their widening availability, and it has turned into a versatile marketing tool these days. The creation process is the same for any small or big videos. As discussed above, every production process has to go through three important stages, including pre-production, production, and post-production. Shoot your visuals in-house and outsource the editing process to the video editing companies.
At ProGlobalBusinessSolutions, we will help you edit your videos and complete the final stage of the post-production process. Our video editors are well versed in using different editing tools to get stunning visuals for you. We can help you create compelling videos that will communicate your company’s benefit to the consumers effectively.
Whatever be your requirement, either editing corporate videos, product videos or any other marketing videos, our expertise in editing will assure you the highest ROI. Get connected with us and enjoy a stress-free experience.